Ladies - Who's in to Track

The place to talk about all things track riding!
Vixen
Track Ho

Ladies - Who's in to Track

Postby Vixen » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:44 pm

Hey Ladies,

Just want to get an idea how many of you are in to track days. I know MSPgirl is, in fact she's at Little Tally this weekend ... envy envy envy. So wish I could be there with her.

I'm adding a video of the 2 Ladies Days I participated in with STT. Maybe this will encourage some of you to try it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey-sEjUeSF8

We are headed to JenningsGP Dec 5, 6, 7 and 12, 13. Would love to catch up with someone from the forum at these events.
Vickie
BMW S1KR - Street (aka Husband) -- BMW S1KRR - Track (aka Boy Toy :evil: ) -- YAMAHA R3 - Track (aka Rug Rat)
NevadaWolf

Re: Ladies - Who's in to Track

Postby NevadaWolf » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:39 pm

I did a season at our local track, and would love to go again. But it deteriorated and the local orgs moved over to Thunderhill. Can't afford it anymore.

image.jpeg
Vixen
Track Ho

Postby Vixen » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:46 am

Well that just sucks. :shock: I'm so sorry that your local organization shut down. I've never ridden your area/state so I don't have any viable alternatives. Perhaps some of the other ladies would have suggestions of other track organizations within a reasonable distance from you.
Chirp in ladies
Vickie
BMW S1KR - Street (aka Husband) -- BMW S1KRR - Track (aka Boy Toy :evil: ) -- YAMAHA R3 - Track (aka Rug Rat)
trackaddict

Postby trackaddict » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:06 am

ME ME ME!!!!! I'll start a thread for the CA contingent -- we have an annual all-women's track day coming up in 11 days. It's the biggest one in the country now. And so fun! (Isn't track pretty much always fun though??) =D

NevadaWolf - can you get to Pahrump?? Track Experience runs at Spring Mountain 4-5 times a year and they are really good at that track. Plus, the track is killer fun. Is that too far? Also, we were talking to the Superbike School people and they said they were doing a couple days at Thunderhill. Ok, not cheap, but SO worthy. I'm starting my track day excel tonight... it will get finished in January when they all get their schedules out. Happy to send it to you if you'd like. I do all CA, all Superbike Schools, and this year I'm also doing European days.
NevadaWolf

Postby NevadaWolf » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:38 am

Technically Pahrump isn't too far, only a day-ish ride to get down there. It's the room and board and track that dings my wallet too much. Loved RFR since I could ride there and back in the same day.
trackaddict

Postby trackaddict » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:12 am

Yah, totally get it. If you can't do the camping thing in the parking lot, then the local hotels aren't that cheap. THe first time, we did the Best Western down the street, but 2 nights was $400. Ouch. Let's coordinate next time. I now have a trailer that we live in on track. It is 21', so we can totally handle one guest. The only caveat is that you have to bring your own bedding for the full-size pull-down and we can't leave the A/C on all night because they don't have electric outlets.
Listen, I'm all about getting more women out there, and Track Experience is too. So... when the real schedule comes out and I can properly plan, let's talk.
trackaddict

Postby trackaddict » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:16 am

MSPgirl - what tracks do you do?? I have friends who do several up there and (anyone) would love them. I am also from the Twin Cities, but escaped 20+ years ago. Also, a short distance away are some amazing Canadian tracks (although I do realize they have limited value because of the weather/seasons).
Vixen
Track Ho

Postby Vixen » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:45 pm

I catch up with MSPgirl at Barber, Road Atlanta and Jennings. She also went to Grattan I think
Vickie
NevadaWolf

Postby NevadaWolf » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:12 pm

trackaddict wrote:So... when the real schedule comes out and I can properly plan, let's talk.

Sounds good, I'll see what my summer looks like and if I can afford it. :D

I did do the camping thing once at RFR but was between the partiers in the middle of the paddock and the late night repairs on the edge of the paddock, so got almost no sleep that night.

Return to “On-Track”