A Place For MORE Stuff

Tell us all about your functional sparkles!
VStar

A Place For MORE Stuff

Postby VStar » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:27 pm

Okay, so I'm planning on my current bike to be my last bike, 1997 Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail, that I'll riding into my retirement years and is needs a few more items. This last week, Hubby and I put on the luggage rack, scored a great deal on Ebay and mostly went as planned. We had to deal with a broken screw, needing 5 hands to remove the bolts holding the back rest frame so the back could be removed and the rack slipped on. It fit perfectly, went back together as hard as it was to take apart and after about 30 minutes of trying to drill out the broken bolt, we just super glued the old one back in, yes I know it's not a proper job but it doesn't effect the integrity of the attachment or the rack.
Luggage Rack.jpg

It looks good and will be useful.

With the rack installed, I now had to find a place for the backrest pouch and it was transformed into a fork bag. It carries the paper maps, extra kickstand coaster, camera batteries and tire gauge.
Fork Bag.jpg

Luvs my bags.

With that bagged moved up front, I had to relocate my Guardian Bell that was ziptied to the light bar and guess what, it's how hanging from the luggage rack.
Bell Relocated.jpg

Sorry it's blurry.

And of course, I had to take a picture of the 20 year old saddlebags, they still look great and hold almost enough.
Saddle & Bag.jpg

Got more to do, the new front tire came in this week and I just ordered new Kuryakyn Kinetic grips and throttle boss.
The best part of the time spent in the garage was no arguing (he) or marching out (me).
I've been there before. Can I get there, again?
Mamaw Suze

Re: A Place For MORE Stuff

Postby Mamaw Suze » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:21 pm

Great job VStar! It looks good. It's always good when things work out with no arguement or marching. Sometimes I have to explain every little reason I want it this way instead of his way. I really wish I were more mechanically inclined.

I would love Rocky to last me forever. I absolutely love that bike! I've joked about getting another Sherpa for backup and people just look at me like I'm nuts.

Maybe we can catch a ride together this summer.
The journey is the destination
VStar

Postby VStar » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:52 am

Yes, I definitely want to meet for lunch. What's roughly halfway from Willoughby to you?
I've been there before. Can I get there, again?
Rogue
Site Admin

Postby Rogue » Thu May 04, 2017 3:10 pm

Looks good! Any time you complete a job without wanting to strangle each other, is a win. :-)
Rogue
Forum Staff
twitter | blog
2013 Non-ABS Ninja 300

Return to “Farkles”