Finally!!!

For posts about motorcycling that don't fit into the other categories above.
VStar

Re: Finally!!!

Postby VStar » Sat May 07, 2016 12:10 am

Rouge, if you were in front of me doing 53 mph in a 84 mph zone, I'd be exclaiming my unhappiness, very loudly and giving energetic hand signals.
But on the bright side, with a dodgy knee, I no longer wear 4" heels.
And even better, the next week is supposed to be in the 60's.
Gonna rain, tomorrow.
I've been there before. Can I get there, again?
Rogue
Site Admin

Re: Finally!!!I

Postby Rogue » Sat May 07, 2016 6:28 pm

VStar wrote:Rouge, if you were in front of me doing 53 mph in a 84 mph zone, I'd be exclaiming my unhappiness, very loudly and giving energetic hand signals.
But on the bright side, with a dodgy knee, I no longer wear 4" heels.
And even better, the next week is supposed to be in the 60's.
Gonna rain, tomorrow.

LOL, yes hand signals indeed. 53 mph was the average speed of the ride, that is the average of the highway, side streets, and residential areas all of which varied from 25 mph to 45 mph, with the highway speed limit being 65 mph. I never speed through residential areas because I'm always expecting someone to back out of driveway without looking, a runaway dog, or inattentive kids/adults. I will generally go a few over on side streets, and I'm almost always 10-15 over on the highway just so I'm moving with the flow of the traffic.
Rogue
Forum Staff
twitter | blog
2013 Non-ABS Ninja 300
VStar

Postby VStar » Sun May 08, 2016 1:20 am

Selective hooliganism? Smart.
Rogue
Site Admin

Postby Rogue » Mon May 09, 2016 6:04 pm

VStar wrote:Selective hooliganism? Smart.

Precisely! Yesterday I went for a ride with the husband through some deserted back roads with some very nice curves and straights. My fastest speed on the ride was 74 mph, his was 138 mph. :shock: Yeah, not for me. I don't care how deserted the road is, it's still a public road. I just catch up at the next stop sign or intersection and if not, well, I have a GPS and I can find my own way. I've long established that I'll always ride my own ride and never his or anyone else's, nope, not going to happen.
Rogue
Forum Staff
twitter | blog
2013 Non-ABS Ninja 300
Rogue
Site Admin

Postby Rogue » Mon May 23, 2016 5:19 pm

Spent some quality time with my therapist on Saturday afternoon. It was a gorgeous day, so after doing the bare minimum of chores, I hoped on the baby Ninja and set off for a late lunch to my favorite Dutch deli in Pella. Since they close at 4 pm on Saturday's, I didn't get too creative on the route there because it's either traverse several small towns of hit the interstate and traverse several small towns. I opted for the first one.

But after a tasty lunch of a heated Dutch bologna (it's like summer sausage) and smoked Gouda sandwich, I headed home by the least direct route possible.

When all was said and done, it was 5 1/2 hours of much needed bliss. I was long overdue for an extended ride. I've noticed that I'm getting a lot smoother, quicker, and lower going through corners. Seems the yoga classes combined with saddle time is paying dividends.

The bike will likely remain in the garage for the better part of this week and Memorial Day weekend since it's supposed to rain every day and we have a ton of graduation events to attend.
Rogue
Forum Staff
twitter | blog
2013 Non-ABS Ninja 300
VStar

Postby VStar » Wed May 25, 2016 1:10 am

We had a good ride on Sunday, still a bit cool, not taking out the mesh yet. We may go to a Bike Nite, tomorrow, it would be a first for me. Chance of rain every day for the long weekend, still expect to get some miles in. Dry ones.

Return to “General on-topic discussion”