Finally!!!

For posts about motorcycling that don't fit into the other categories above.
Rogue
Site Admin

Finally!!!

Postby Rogue » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:27 pm

I finally took my bike off the tender and rode it yesterday! I think this is the longest I've gone into the spring without riding. Life has been beyond crazy for me between drama at home and work being quite hectic. And, even though I just rode on some errands it felt so great.

This evening I'm taking the baby Ninja in for a new rear time and then I plan to start wearing it out, too!
Rogue
Forum Staff
twitter | blog
2013 Non-ABS Ninja 300
VStar

Re: Finally!!!

Postby VStar » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:06 pm

Good for you, your weather has been about the same as mine, stinky. My last ride was Easter, we had 70'F. This weekend will be in the 60's, I'll be out, too. I'm always a little surprised when I do my first spring ride that I didn't forget how to operate a motorcycle.
I've been there before. Can I get there, again?
Mamaw Suze

Postby Mamaw Suze » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:34 pm

I'm still waiting : :x But I'm trying to get all my spring stuff caught up before Rocky comes home.

I know how you feel VStar. I'm always nervous the first time I ride after winter. I'm afraid I've forgotten everything. Usually I read a lot of motorcycle books like "Total control" and several others. I didn't have much chair time this winter so now when I can keep my eyes open in the evening I refreshing my ride mind.

Have fun y'all and be safe!!!
The journey is the destination
Rogue
Site Admin

Postby Rogue » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:49 pm

VStar wrote:Good for you, your weather has been about the same as mine, stinky. My last ride was Easter, we had 70'F. This weekend will be in the 60's, I'll be out, too. I'm always a little surprised when I do my first spring ride that I didn't forget how to operate a motorcycle.

I know, right? My hands were shaking as I lowered it off the rear stand - possibly because I was doing it alone and I'm always afraid of dropping it (and if I did, then it would've gone straight into his Multistrada). Then when I was geared up, I hopped on and took off with no issues. That always surprises me. Also surprising, yesterday on the way home from the shop, I was hitting 85 or 90 on the highway without even noticing despite all the wind. Sadly, even at those speeds, I got passed by a couple of folks in quite a big hurry.

We're supposed to have 30+ mph wind tomorrow, so I think I'll get all my household chores done so I can get some riding time on Sunday afternoon.
Rogue
Forum Staff
twitter | blog
2013 Non-ABS Ninja 300
Serraangelokc02

Postby Serraangelokc02 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:15 am

Woot woots! I've had to stick to weekend rides myself but in the fall I'll be living on the bike for commuting to and from school. Yippee for you!!!!
CountryCruzr

Postby CountryCruzr » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:45 pm

I've been riding steady on my commute to the office since mid March with a week off (vacation took me elsewhere during the cold & snow of a couple of weeks ago). These recent warmer days have been blissful. Typically I have most of my vegetable garden planted by now but not this year. My last long ride was Easter Sunday too VStar. I have a long ride out planned to the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame for next weekend in Cleveland sure hope the weather is decent. So far the extended forecast isn't showing any snow :lol:
Image Image
Rogue
Site Admin

Postby Rogue » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:52 pm

Well, I got in a nice 60 mile ride yesterday afternoon. I wanted to go much further and longer, but my husband was with me and he started not feeling well, so we cut it short. Still, it was nice to get out on the bike even if the wind was quite wicked. So, we headed home and completed a little bit of the basement project.

It's supposed to rain a good bit of this week, but my work schedule is insane any way. Stupid non-winning lottery tickets... ;-)
Rogue
Forum Staff
twitter | blog
2013 Non-ABS Ninja 300
VStar

Postby VStar » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:19 pm

I had a mega millions winning ticket from last week, it was $1.00. Took me about $36.00 to win it.
I've been there before. Can I get there, again?
Scooterpie

Postby Scooterpie » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:21 am

I finally pulled Duchess out of the garage and rode, man I needed that little bit of moto zen back in my life.
4 wheels move the body, but 2 wheels move the soul!
My bike: Honda 2012 NC700S 'The Duchess'
Rogue
Site Admin

Postby Rogue » Fri May 06, 2016 6:28 pm

I had to attend a 3 day course on Enterprise Business Continuity Planning that was sooooo very much not exciting... :roll:

But, I did ride to class 2 of the 3 days! I opted not to on the first day because I wasn't sure how the classes were set up and whether or not I'd have a place to change since the dress code was business attire (also, I work from home every day and have for almost 6 years, I actually had to go buy business clothes!).

I was a bit spirited on my morning commutes...

And of course, as is the norm around here, I was the only sportbike in a sea of Harleys...

I talked one of my fellow classmates into riding on the 3rd day because the bike parking was much closer to the building than the student parking (not kidding, I was wearing my Fitbit and I had to park nearly a 1/2 mile from the front door and hike to the building in 4" heels - not pleasant), so we started a gear pile in the back of the room.

Rogue
Forum Staff
twitter | blog
2013 Non-ABS Ninja 300

Return to “General on-topic discussion”