International Female Ride Day 2016

For posts about motorcycling that don't fit into the other categories above.
VStar

International Female Ride Day 2016

Postby VStar » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:38 pm

I may be jumping the gun on this but it's dreary, rainy and cold and I'm only thinking and talking about riding, not actually doing it. I've been out just once since bringing the bike home.
SATURDAY, MAY 7th, 2016

IFRD_2016_artbanner1.jpg
It's Our Day

Mods, if this pic is not allowed, please remove it.

Last year was the first time that my stars aligned and I made it out and I really had a sense of sisterhood, (yes, I'm dorky), even though I rode with my Hubby.
2015-07-08 009_sm.jpg
Saturday, May 2nd, 2015

Here is a very happy me.

I'm looking forward to this year. Hope it doesn't rain, I don't do rain.
I've been there before. Can I get there, again?
Mamaw Suze

Re: International Female Ride Day 2016

Postby Mamaw Suze » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:52 pm

If Rocky's home I'll ride for sure. If I can't ride Rocky I'll have to borrow Dusty (still living at my house) from my neighbor. I'll be thinking about all the other females out there lucky enough to have found the joy of riding your own ride!
The journey is the destination
LionLady

Postby LionLady » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:24 am

I'll be at this event that weekend!

http://www.motogirlcafemountainmoxie.com/
VStar

Postby VStar » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:05 am

LionLady, that's a great way to celebrate, an entire weekend!
VStar

Postby VStar » Wed May 04, 2016 11:33 pm

Bumpbumpbump.

This weekend Ladies and Gent. Let's rock our 2 wheels. My weather will cooperate. It.will.cooperate!
Rogue
Site Admin

Postby Rogue » Fri May 06, 2016 6:19 pm

VStar wrote:Mods, if this pic is not allowed, please remove it.

We haven't really set up any specific rules on photos, but suffice to say, if it's moto related and doesn't contain obscene profanity or nudity, you're just fine to share it. :)

We're supposed to have scattered thunderstorms tomorrow, but I'm going to try to get out for a bit at some point.
Rogue
Forum Staff
twitter | blog
2013 Non-ABS Ninja 300
VStar

Postby VStar » Sat May 07, 2016 12:12 am

Yeah, our weather changed for tomorrow, rain in the early afternoon. Poop.
VStar

Postby VStar » Sun May 08, 2016 2:30 pm

Here's my 'tail' for IFRD, it's true...You may want to pass on by. I wanted to go, was excited to go, the weather was nearly perfect. But pet life had other plans. I spent the morning in the back yard, with 3 dogs, squirting solution down their throats to make them throw up. Because, Harley Blue, the cat, tried to poison Lana Rose with sugar free candy that contained xylitol, which is highly toxic. She won't admit to it, won't give me a straight answer and won't look me in the eye....she looks as guilty as a cat will let you see. I know it was her that knocked the closed container onto the floor, the dogs, being dogs, opened it and scarfed up most of the pieces, wrappers and all, while we were sleeping. Harley wasn't trying to kill Cricket and Kiska, she has no animosity towards them, it's Lana that chases her, they were merely caught up in the melee. It was all the tick tick of nails on the kitchen tile that woke us up, 8am-ish, googling, waiting a decent interval before calling Doc, the vet and confirming the treatment we found on the internet.

The back yard process was done within 30 minutes but further treatment was still needed to keep their blood sugar are the proper level, a tablespoon of Karo syrup every hour for 5 hours. Then there was the trip to the Vet's office to pick up the very expensive special pills that protect the liver, which is the target of the xylitol. All of this used up the good weather for Saturday, the rain moved in about 3pm.
So, not in my stars to ride, never really considered it, never would leave the girls with any question about their safety. They are fine. The cat is fine, pretends nothing happened and denies her role in the shenanigans.
The good news is that Hubby had time to do more research on the ingredients of the actual candies the girls ate, none of them contained xylitol. We apologized sincerely to them, they'll get an extra treat of yogurt, today. And we get to returned the unused pills.
Harley is sleeping on the back of my chair, probably plotting in her dreams. Lana is sleeping in the bedroom, still not aware of any possible danger in her future.
woodlandsprite

Postby woodlandsprite » Sun May 08, 2016 5:01 pm

I'm sorry to hear you got no riding in, but so glad to hear that the dogs are all good, and that there was no xylitol present to even potentially cause any problems - also glad you were able to return the pills unused!
Still Learning...

2015 CSC/Zongshen RX3
woodlandsprite

Postby woodlandsprite » Sun May 08, 2016 5:04 pm

I did not go on any sort of organized ride, and wound up working most of the day as it was my On Call weekend for work. I did break away in the afternoon to get about an hour on the bike - I've ridden about 1100 miles in the last year :D I know this because my bike was received in the month of May of last year. While I feel very much like I am still learning, I'm looking forward to hopefully actually getting a motorcycle "trip" in sometime in the next year :)
I got carryout on the way home...here's a photo of my bike:

Still Learning...

2015 CSC/Zongshen RX3

Return to “General on-topic discussion”