THE SEASON BEGINS

For posts about motorcycling that don't fit into the other categories above.
VStar

THE SEASON BEGINS

Postby VStar » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:08 am

Spring came to my house early.

The first sign was the brave little snow drops that come up in late February, usually under the snow. Their buds are closed up tightly, waiting for a string of sunny days.
Hardy Snow Drops.jpg

Then this weekend, on Saturday, the crocuses popped up, very springy, I was happily surprised.
Brave little Crocuses.jpg

On my birthday, March 8th, Saturday, the mechanic called my Hubby, his bike was done, come get it. So 72'F, wind blowing him on the bike and me in the car, all over the road, home it came.
Dennis & his Road King.jpg

It rained pretty hard for a couple of days last week, there was a break for Saturday, dry, 62'F, plans were made. Brought the motorcycle box downstairs, charged the battery, found the cold weather gloves I got last fall, layered up. Hubby did the hard work, the bike started on the 3rd try, no leaks, no smoke, after a 20 minute warm up, the idle settled in and away we went. I remembered how to ride!
Brenda & Heritage Softail.jpg

We got home safely, bike was running good, we had to take a trip, so naturally, off to Burton, our favorite Coffee Corners. Two hours later, happy and smiling and both bikes in the garage, it's officially riding season 2016.
Coffee Corners.jpg

Of course, it's been cold and since then, but I'm still excited.
I've been there before. Can I get there, again?
Mamaw Suze

Re: THE SEASON BEGINS

Postby Mamaw Suze » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:25 pm

A good beginning!!! It won't be long and we'll have more riding days strung together YAY!!!!!
The journey is the destination
HarleyRdr

Postby HarleyRdr » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:08 am

The smile on your face says it all. Congrats on the first ride of the season!
CountryCruzr

Postby CountryCruzr » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:09 pm

Great Vstar!! I've been braving some of the colder mornings to take advantage of the warmer afternoon weather. But the cooler temps and showers this week and weekend have kind of put a damper on things. Happy riding! My snow drops have come and gone too. I look for them every year to announce Spring's impending arrival!
Image Image
VStar

Postby VStar » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:23 pm

It immediately became cold and rainy as soon as the bike was in the garage but that's okay, I knew it would. We got the saddlebags on this morning. I'm trying to downsize the amount of stuff I carry in them. So far I took out 2 bandanas, the bottle of touch up paint, the extra kickstand coaster and 2 of the 4 cleaning clothes. It's hard, but I've accepted the challenge.
OldMare

Postby OldMare » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:31 pm

We've had some teaser days here and there. If it was warm, it was really windy or I needed to take the car to work for some errand. Today is my first commute day of 2016. A little chilly this morning but ride home will be nice. I also felt so much better getting to work than I do in the car!
Love your pictures and hoping we all get some steady warm weather!!
CountryCruzr

Postby CountryCruzr » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:01 am

Got to enjoy a nice ride to the Big Muskie Bucket (Ohio) in the AEP Recreational Lands (reclaimed from coal mining) Easter Sunday afternoon. What a wonderful day to ride considering we are still in March. It was the closest I came to a group ride as we got behind (at a reasonable distance) a group of four bikes. :P Its a destination worth checking out if one is ever near Caldwell, OH on I-77

Image Image
Mamaw Suze

Postby Mamaw Suze » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:20 am

I'm up for it if I ever get back on the road!
The journey is the destination
CountryCruzr

Postby CountryCruzr » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:15 pm

Hey Mamaw Suze, let me know when you might get over this way. (or anyone one else) There's some nice riding around this part of the state if you like more rural twisty curvy roads. There are also covered bridges and other points of interest.
Image Image
VStar

Postby VStar » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:32 am

Cruzr, if Suze comes east, we'll treat her well in Ohio.

Return to “General on-topic discussion”