Sold my starter bike

For posts about motorcycling that don't fit into the other categories above.
OldMare

Sold my starter bike

Postby OldMare » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:24 pm

Wasn't planning on it, but saw a note where someone a state away was looking for a X Country. I told him about mine and the guy wanted it. Now, we've sold bikes before and didn't do anything to me but they weren't 'mine', and I've sold horses that I've cried watching them drive away. Selling this bike was more like watching a horse go! Kind of got a little choked up! It was a good bike, and was just sitting around, so now it's going to get used a lot. The guy will be riding it and his daughter will give it a go this summer to ride with her dad. Bye bye bike!
VStar

Re: Sold my starter bike

Postby VStar » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:43 am

It's gone to a good home to be used, that should make you smile and maybe bike shopping will make you smile more :D .
I've been there before. Can I get there, again?
CountryCruzr

Postby CountryCruzr » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:36 am

Still have my 2006 a Honda Rebel that I learned on. Thinking about letting it go this riding season. I closed out last riding season with a ceremonial short ride on it. It will be a tearful departing when the time comes but knowing it can help someone else learn to ride will 'keep it alive' so to speak.
Image Image
Rogue
Site Admin

Postby Rogue » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:30 pm

I commend you ladies. I don't think I will ever be able to let my baby Ninja go. I've bonded to much with her.
Rogue
Forum Staff
twitter | blog
2013 Non-ABS Ninja 300
VStar

Postby VStar » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:21 am

CCruzr, it makes sense to sell the Honda to another new rider, it's a shame to let it sit and rust. But, if you're attached to it, well.... It could be money towards a new bike or serious farkles.

Brenda
CountryCruzr

Postby CountryCruzr » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:15 pm

I tend to agree with you VStar! The bike can certainly encourage another new rider. Everyone starts somewhere and the new owner will be the 3rd learner in its saddle. When it gets handed off in that sense the moment will be special to me. Rogue I can understand the attachment to your Ninja - you and the baby Ninja are Rogue to me. ;)
Image Image
Rogue
Site Admin

Postby Rogue » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:54 pm

CountryCruzr wrote: Rogue I can understand the attachment to your Ninja - you and the baby Ninja are Rogue to me. ;)

I know, right?! Now that I can get a larger, more powerful bike, I find that I don't really want one. The baby Ninja just fits me perfectly in both speed and size. I'm actually considering a new tattoo of a woman in pink leathers sitting astride a black Ninja with a bright red ponytail peeking out the back of her helmet. :D
Rogue
Forum Staff
twitter | blog
2013 Non-ABS Ninja 300
VStar

Postby VStar » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:06 am

Rogue, ride what makes you happy, bigger is not better just because it's bigger. When Ninja stops making you smile, you can go shopping.
Mamaw Suze

Postby Mamaw Suze » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:04 am

I totally agree bigger isn't always better. I rode the FZ6 for 11 years but when I bought Dusty last year I wondered why I waited to go smaller. I may someday move back up some but just a little. I am having so much fun on the smaller bikes. I wouldn't go back to a rebel(my very 1st) because riding position never suited me and I won't go back to the 6. When I rode the 6 after riding Dusty for awhile it wasn't fun. Heck with size stay where the most fun is!!!
The journey is the destination
CountryCruzr

Postby CountryCruzr » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:14 pm

My 2006 Honda Rebel has a new rider. Keeping it in the family and the new rider is taking the last MSF class of the year this weekend! It has been very satisfying to me to think I have had something to do with her desire to ride. Her husband also got his Dad's older 1998 Harley Ultra Classic at the same time. He isn't new to riding but she is. I see myself in her eagerness to get out and ride and learn as much as she can. Last weekend was a work weekend and it was so cool to ride behind them for awhile in the truck watching them ride through the twists and turns together. The Rebel has been a great starter bike for three ladies now. Amazing. I'm thankfully proud! :D because I can offer sound encouragement and direction while she is learning. (Something I didn't have other than the TWF site when I started out. It helped me in so many ways as I learned from reading others experiences and challenges). Oh yeah I still get to see the Rebel :lol:
Image Image

Return to “General on-topic discussion”