New Bike!!!

For posts about motorcycling that don't fit into the other categories above.
Mamaw Suze

New Bike!!!

Postby Mamaw Suze » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:25 pm

When I first started looking for a dual sport I was looking for a Kawasaki Super Sherpa. I'd read about different ones and that seemed to fit my requirements the best. Of course the only ones I could find were out west. I did find one about 6 hours away and was going to check it out but the flu hit. Then the*** started raising the price. Needless to say that didn't work. I bought a Suzuki DR200 and Dusty and I have gone over 3000 mile getting to know each other.
Over Christmas I saw a super Sherpa in an article which got me thinking again. I looked around and found one a couple hours away so I thought what the heck. We went down, took it for a test ride and that was all it took. When we brought her home today I went for a short ride. I need to do a few things on her but I think we'll get along fine. First thing is clean the seat. I think whoever washed it last waxed the seat. First time I hit the brakes I slid up on the gas tank!
My brother is thinking about buying Dusty and if he doesn't my good friend, neighbor, mentor and all around good guy, might. If not either of those I'll let you all know.
The journey is the destination
Rogue
Site Admin

Re: New Bike!!!

Postby Rogue » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:27 pm

Some things are just meant to be! Congrats on finally getting your Sherpa! I remember reading on the old forum how you really wanted one.

Now, where are those photos? :)
Rogue
Forum Staff
twitter | blog
2013 Non-ABS Ninja 300
Mamaw Suze

Postby Mamaw Suze » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:33 am

Right now she's at my brothers. The river is out so our access road is covered with water. At first we row across but now it at the point we walk with waders. Too deep to drive and definitely not bringing a bike across. I tried to talk Gene into letting me load it into the boat we just pull across with all the stuff ( groceries and whatever)but he just looked at me. When we get her home I'll send pictures if I figure out how to do it again. I had just about got it down pat on TWF. Now I have to learn all over again. SOON!!
woodlandsprite

Postby woodlandsprite » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:56 am

:) Congratulations on your new ride! Can't wait to see photos!
Still Learning...

2015 CSC/Zongshen RX3
VStar

Postby VStar » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:13 am

Yeah for you. Waxing the seat? That's about as silly as waxing the nonskid on a sailboat deck. Something bad is likely to happen.
I've been there before. Can I get there, again?
Dualsport Chic

Postby Dualsport Chic » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:37 am

Congrats on your new ride MS - may you have many (s)miles together.
Northeast Dualsport Riders

Carpe Diem
OldMare

Postby OldMare » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:40 pm

Congrats on the new bike! I started on a DR200 also. Moving up to a bigger bike made it so much more smooth on the highway. Anxious to see more of your ride pictures this year on the new bike!!
Mamaw Suze

Postby Mamaw Suze » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:08 pm

My brother is going to buy Dusty. He said it's like she was built for him. He wasn't a rider but was intrigued by the dual sport bike and everytime I stopped by on Dusty i could see the wheels turning. He was full of questions and I answered the best I could. I loaned him a few books and between those and YouTube he was ready. Then he started having 2nd thoughts. I think he was In information overload. I told him to come up and putter around the yard and field. No need to decide anything yet. Well after about 1/2 hour he was hooked! He took to it like a duck to water.
Yesterday I finally got to take the Sherpa out and he followed on Dusty. We were all over the fields and farm roads and he did great! Practiced emergency stops, standing on pegs riding in rough cornfields, tight circles, riding in mud, sand, gravel, up hills and down. He followed me every where. I even went down in the mud and while he was watching me down he went too. There was ice under that mud!

The Sherpa is awesome! Very responsive and comfortable. I haven't had her out on pavement much but she needs new tires before I do that. She does not like to start in the cold but we'll work on that. There is a super Sherpa thread on advrider and I've been getting a lot of information there.

I see a summer of even more adventure with my brother and our dual sports. We're taking them on our trip west with our families!
Mamaw Suze

Postby Mamaw Suze » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:11 pm

I will post a picture soon. I wish I had taken one of us with our dual sports but there will be many more chances for that

Return to “General on-topic discussion”