Invigorating LOTW

Have a question? Experiencing a technical issue? This is the place to ask!
Dualsport Chic

Invigorating LOTW

Postby Dualsport Chic » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:20 pm

I very much appreciate the effort of the admins to create this site to take over where TwoWheelFemales left off.

I would like to see more people engage as membership activity is the lifeblood of any online forum. How do we get more riders signed up - how do we market the forum so that female riders will know it's here. Then, what kinds of interesting topics can be introduced to keep folks engaged? This seems to be the secret sauce for success of any internet group.

Looking for member suggestions so we can help the admins make LOTW successful to the levels TWF once enjoyed.

Fire Away with your input!
Northeast Dualsport Riders

Carpe Diem
Alcyone98

Re: Invigorating LOTW

Postby Alcyone98 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:50 pm

Spread the word! Reach out to any FB or other social networking friends you made from TWF and let them know about LOTW. TWF started slow, and once word spread that this was a supportive and welcoming atmosphere, people could find legitimate answers to their questions and concerns, and was a trove of information, people came and spread the word on to others.
Progress not perfection
FastLizard4
Site Admin

Postby FastLizard4 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:04 am

Pretty much what Alcyone98 said - for a small website, word-of-mouth is pretty much the best way to get people interested. Tell your friends, post a link on Facebook, or however else you want to get the word out - it all works! The more users there are, the more active the site will be, which will help bring in more users... it's a wonderful cycle!
FastLizard4 (website|twitter)
Forum staff / server administrator
2014 Ninja EX300B SE ABS ("Anna")
Semper exploro
Rogue
Site Admin

Postby Rogue » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:29 pm

I think we should have a membership drive!

Perhaps we could offer a small token prize to the member (excluding the mods) who has the most referrals for the month of July?
Rogue
Forum Staff
twitter | blog
2013 Non-ABS Ninja 300
Mamaw Suze

Postby Mamaw Suze » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:00 am

The only female riders I know ARE members.
The journey is the destination
FastLizard4
Site Admin

Postby FastLizard4 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:45 am

Hmm, we could have a rotating per-month special forum rank (that wouldn't actually give any extra privileges, just change your username's color) for the member who refers the most new members in the previous month. Also, I know we have a few motovloggers from TWF here, but I don't think they've logged on in a while. So, to them (you know who you are!), if you see this feel free to spread the word!
Semper exploro
Rogue
Site Admin

Postby Rogue » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:32 pm

FastLizard4 wrote:Hmm, we could have a rotating per-month special forum rank (that wouldn't actually give any extra privileges, just change your username's color) for the member who refers the most new members in the previous month. Also, I know we have a few motovloggers from TWF here, but I don't think they've logged on in a while. So, to them (you know who you are!), if you see this feel free to spread the word!

I like the idea of giving recognition within the forum!
Rogue
Forum Staff
twitter | blog
2013 Non-ABS Ninja 300
FastLizard4
Site Admin

Postby FastLizard4 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:01 pm

Rogue wrote:
FastLizard4 wrote:Hmm, we could have a rotating per-month special forum rank (that wouldn't actually give any extra privileges, just change your username's color) for the member who refers the most new members in the previous month. Also, I know we have a few motovloggers from TWF here, but I don't think they've logged on in a while. So, to them (you know who you are!), if you see this feel free to spread the word!

I like the idea of giving recognition within the forum!

Setting that up now, then!
Semper exploro
magpie

Postby magpie » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:19 pm

After two wheel females stopped and moved to facebook, I remembered that this one had started but didn't remember the name of the forum. I actually found it really hard to find just searching "women motorcycle forum" or a variant of that. (Just did it again with two different word variations and this didn't pop up in the first 3 pages.) I honestly can't remember how I found it. It's now bookmarked for that reason.

I'm not sure what can be done about that, but I think that trying to increase the google presence somehow would help a lot.

I'll try to spread the word as well.
FastLizard4
Site Admin

Postby FastLizard4 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:05 am

Boosting Google presence is, unfortunately, something that really only happens over time as a site becomes more popular (besides doing stuff like buying ad space on Google search results). It can also help if people link to the forums on their social networking accounts or on personal sites/blogs if they have them, since these are all factors Google uses to determine how "popular" a site is.

So, in the end, it still boils down to "Tell all your friends!" :P
Semper exploro

Return to “Help and Support”