General feedback

Have a question? Experiencing a technical issue? This is the place to ask!
FastLizard4
Site Admin

General feedback

Postby FastLizard4 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:27 pm

All users, if you have any feedback to give us, whether it's suggesting a subforum or requesting a new feature, please feel free to post it here!
FastLizard4 (website|twitter)
Forum staff / server administrator
2014 Ninja EX300B SE ABS ("Anna")
Semper exploro
mspgirl

Re: General feedback

Postby mspgirl » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:25 pm

Would you please do a subforum for track riding?
FastLizard4
Site Admin

Postby FastLizard4 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:02 pm

Done! I've created a subforum called "On-Track" (pardon the attempt at a pun) in the on-topic section. Click here to go to it directly!
Semper exploro
Alcyone98

Postby Alcyone98 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:09 am

There were also sticky posts for general locations of members, and people who were willing to open homes/yards for overnighters/visitors or for eating meet-ups for others on adventures. I hosted a TWF member for a couple of days when she was coming through my area and made an awesome friend and got to meet Abosit on one of her adventures.

And links to those on SPOT so we can follow along (in spirit)....it occurs to me....SPOT is the adult bikers version of Norad Santa Tracker.

I would definitely love to see the scavenger hunt thread resurrected (was it the scavenger hunt??? Where one person would take a picture of their bike with the challenge sign or object from the previous post and someone else would have to find something similar to photograph themselves with and then offer up a new challenge?). Apparently I've forgotten the proper name for that particular thread series.
Progress not perfection
FastLizard4
Site Admin

Postby FastLizard4 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:12 am

I believe Rogue said she'd work on setting up the member location and hosting threads sometime, but these would be in the private section of the forums, which you'll only be able to access after reaching 15 total posts (excluding posts made to the New Members Welcome section).

SPOT tracking is a good idea, and we could probably set up just a thread with links to members' public SPOT tracking pages, but again this would be in the private section of the forums. Also, a TWF user had a nice setup that gathered everyone's SPOT tracks into a single map, but she hasn't joined here (yet?), and I don't know if I have the resources to do something quite that fancy myself.

As for the Scavenger Hunt thread (I too cannot recall exactly what it was called), I actually totally forgot about that! I'll talk with Rogue about getting that set up. (This would, of course, not be in the private section. :P)
Semper exploro
Rogue
Site Admin

Postby Rogue » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:26 pm

FastLizard4 wrote:I believe Rogue said she'd work on setting up the member location and hosting threads sometime, but these would be in the private section of the forums, which you'll only be able to access after reaching 15 total posts (excluding posts made to the New Members Welcome section).)

Hosting threads have been created in the private section. :)
Rogue
Forum Staff
twitter | blog
2013 Non-ABS Ninja 300
VStar

Postby VStar » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:59 am

The photo challenge was call Tag something or something Tag. That would be fun to have. I didn't participate before but enjoyed the game.
I've been there before. Can I get there, again?
Alcyone98

Postby Alcyone98 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:04 pm

I hope I haven't been too forward but I sent a message to the TWF members I had as Facebook friends and referred them to this forum. Unforgiven wanted to know if he'd be welcome as a former TWN male member. I replied to have him sign up and use me as a referring member if it was necessary. Is there a grandfathering policy for the former TWF male members?
Progress not perfection
FastLizard4
Site Admin

Postby FastLizard4 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:33 am

Alcyone98 wrote:I hope I haven't been too forward but I sent a message to the TWF members I had as Facebook friends and referred them to this forum.

Not at all. Referrals are always welcome!

Alcyone98 wrote:Unforgiven wanted to know if he'd be welcome as a former TWN male member. I replied to have him sign up and use me as a referring member if it was necessary. Is there a grandfathering policy for the former TWF male members?

No, there is no grandfathering I'm afraid. One big reason is that we don't actually have a definitive or reliable list of former TWF members, beyond a few names that each of us remembers, so we're requiring the standard procedure for all sign-ups.
Semper exploro

Return to “Help and Support”