JenningsGP - Dec 5, 6, 7 -- 12, 13

The place to talk about all things track riding!
Vixen
Track Ho

JenningsGP - Dec 5, 6, 7 -- 12, 13

Postby Vixen » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:26 pm

We are headed back to Jennings for 5 track days. It's one heck of a drive for us but sooooo worth it. (Dec 5 6 7 with Jennings - Dec 12 13 with STT at Jennings)

Anyone else going? Would love to hook up with some ladies from this forum
Vickie
BMW S1KR - Street (aka Husband) -- BMW S1KRR - Track (aka Boy Toy :evil: ) -- YAMAHA R3 - Track (aka Rug Rat)
Rogue
Site Admin

Re: JenningsGP - Dec 5, 6, 7 -- 12, 13

Postby Rogue » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:11 am

I want to be involved in them, but unfortunately the better organizations pulled out of this area and what we've been left with is a free-for-all with little regard to skills evaluation. For instance if you say 'hey, I'm advanced' then by golly, you can ride in the advanced group! Now that we have the space, I want to get a small, enclosed trailer to make travel to other tracks a bit easier. Until then, I'm living vicariously through folks like you, Vixen. :-)
Rogue
Forum Staff
twitter | blog
2013 Non-ABS Ninja 300
Vixen
Track Ho

Postby Vixen » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:59 pm

Geeeze that's just sad. I will be sure to post pics from the events. Once you get the trailer (enclosed) then you can travel to a ton of tracks. Sportbike Track Time is very, very strict with respect to rules of the track and appropriate groups. I'm hoping they can accommodate you.
Vickie
BMW S1KR - Street (aka Husband) -- BMW S1KRR - Track (aka Boy Toy :evil: ) -- YAMAHA R3 - Track (aka Rug Rat)
Rogue
Site Admin

Postby Rogue » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:13 pm

STT is high on my list.

I went to watch a track day at one of those organizations and left half way through the day. There were so many crashes that could have been avoided if folks were evaluated on skill and placed in the appropriate groups. It's amazing how many people would rather risk themselves and others than just admit they belong in the beginner or novice group.

I'd really love to do a track day at Putnam - years before I started riding, I watched someone do a track day there and the track just looks like a fun time.
Rogue
Forum Staff
twitter | blog
2013 Non-ABS Ninja 300
Vixen
Track Ho

Postby Vixen » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:11 pm

Rogue wrote:It's amazing how many people would rather risk themselves and others than just admit they belong in the beginner or novice group.

It's amazing to me how many times that happens. Don't mean to offend any men on this site or all men .... but it's usually a guy thing about being in Novice. :roll:
Vickie
Vixen
Track Ho

Postby Vixen » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:46 am

Well we had a blast. The weather was amazing. We did 6 track days (3 per weekend). Gotta tell ya I'm really, really sore !!!!! LOL

Trying to figure out how to post pics ???? Says the pics are too large
Vickie
FastLizard4
Site Admin

Postby FastLizard4 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:29 am

Vixen wrote:Trying to figure out how to post pics ???? Says the pics are too large

Sorry about that; to prevent blowing up my server's drives, there's currently a limit of 2 megabytes per image attachment. This thread explains how you can work around that, though, by uploading the photo to an image sharing service and hotlinking it here.
FastLizard4 (website|twitter)
Forum staff / server administrator
2014 Ninja EX300B SE ABS ("Anna")
Semper exploro
trackaddict

Postby trackaddict » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:34 am

Hey Rogue - Would you be willing to start a thread in here for the track day providers/tracks you've tried? I used to do that on TWF, but I think it is really helpful for anyone considering getting on track. I swear I'm getting to it!! In fact, I'll do one tonight just to start the trend. I'll start with a good one, from a great day (because it makes me happy!). :D
I am so impressed with how many women have been coming out to track lately. The last day I did also brought in a TON of AMA racers, and there was one woman in a black and fuchsia SPIDI suit with AMA who was absolutely beautiful on track. She blew by me so fast, but so smoothly, that all I could think while watching her disappear was, "I want to be you some day!"

Return to “On-Track”