Turn signal beeper

Tell us all about your functional sparkles!
Mamaw Suze

Turn signal beeper

Postby Mamaw Suze » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:08 pm

Well with the close call I had a while back due to forgetting to cancel my turn signal I bought a beeper reminder. I ordered it from Glen's VTX Garage and it's great. I had a question before I ordered so I emailed him on a Sunday evening and to my surprise I received a reply immediately. It only took 2 days to arrive and took no time to install. It's not fancy and you could get the parts at someplace like radio shack for cheaper and put it all together yourself but this was so much easier and there are times easier is better. He recommends putting it under the side panel but that wasn't possible on the Sherpa. The beeper itself is the problem due to its size. We managed to place it under the rear fender and may move it when I have more time to do some finagling

It works great and I can hear it fine. When you turn on your turn signal it starts beeping like a back up alarm on a truck. When you apply your brakes the alarm goes silent until you release them and then it starts back up. That way it doesn't drive you nuts while sitting at an intersection. It can be a little annoying but it just take a slight touch of either brake to silence it.

It may not sparkle but I do knowing its there to help me!!
The journey is the destination
CountryCruzr

Re: Turn signal beeper

Postby CountryCruzr » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:38 pm

Great news!Whatever works is what's important in keeping you safe!
Image Image
FastLizard4
Site Admin

Postby FastLizard4 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:12 pm

Heh, I wonder if you'll get confused looks from nearby pedestrians now.
FastLizard4 (website|twitter)
Forum staff / server administrator
2014 Ninja EX300B SE ABS ("Anna")
Semper exploro
Mamaw Suze

Postby Mamaw Suze » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:45 pm

I try to keep it quiet in town. Since I don't use the turn signal more than a block from where I'm turning I can lightly use my brake and keep it quiet. Just being there helps me remember to cancel it.
The journey is the destination

Return to “Farkles”