Integrated turn signal/tail lights

Tell us all about your functional sparkles!
woodlandsprite

Integrated turn signal/tail lights

Postby woodlandsprite » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:45 pm

The tail light on my bike does not light up significantly brighter while braking, folks had been discussing various options including systems that include accelerometers to detect braking like Gear Brake or Vizi Tec or vololights.

Instead of going the route with trying to figure out how to install an accelerometer based system another rider with same make bike has created a tutorial to install integrated/multifunctional turn signal lights.

I've ordered parts and hope to get these on my bike this weekend or not to far into the future. Having these indicator lights also work as running lights/brake lights in addition to turn signals will hopefully help make braking more visibly apparent to other drivers. If in the future I decide to install a modulator, that should still be possible.

Has anyone here installed such a modification on their bike?
Still Learning...

2015 CSC/Zongshen RX3
woodlandsprite

Re: Integrated turn signal/tail lights

Postby woodlandsprite » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:24 pm

Hmm. Technically these are Farkles, not sure if I should try to have the thread moved.

In any case, I got my parts, printed the tutorial, and put these on my bike this weekend.

The instructions that another rider put together (link in prev post) were clear and easy to follow, I was able to get the turn signals installed with minimal trouble. I did seem to have a flaky connection issue with the bullet connectors for the new blinkers - I applied some pressure to the fittings afterwards and hopefully I have better contact now (I shook the wiring harness while the hazards were on to see if I "resolved" the issue) - otherwise I might have to get back in there and mess with the connections again - at least I hope it was the connections and not a wiring issue with the new blinkers, because if it's wiring, I'm going to have to see what kind of "warranty" may or may not have been available with the parts.

Still Learning...

2015 CSC/Zongshen RX3
VStar

Postby VStar » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:53 am

I've been thinking about upgrading to modulated rear lights, Hubby had them on his Road King and do make him more visible.
I've been there before. Can I get there, again?
FastLizard4
Site Admin

Postby FastLizard4 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:28 am

This is indeed more of a Farkles thing now, so I went ahead and move it for you. :D

Are these integrated in that the "turn signals" will also light up red when you apply the brakes?
FastLizard4 (website|twitter)
Forum staff / server administrator
2014 Ninja EX300B SE ABS ("Anna")
Semper exploro
woodlandsprite

Postby woodlandsprite » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:42 pm

Thanks FastLizard :)
These are indeed Integrated/Multifunctional in that they work as blinkers, running light and brake light.

I know at least one other rider with my bike is talking to Gear Brake trying to get a plug and play solution established - if they get that I will also likely add the GearBrake as a brake light modulator. I want all the visibility I can get to other people on the road!
Still Learning...

2015 CSC/Zongshen RX3

Return to “Farkles”