Changing a headlight bulb

Have a DIY question or tip? Put it here.
NevadaWolf

Changing a headlight bulb

Postby NevadaWolf » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:18 am

Since there is a ton of Ninja 250s around and since they do make great bikes for riders of any skill level, I'll share my method of changing the bulb without having to remove the fairings. Quick, easy, takes about five minutes or less depending on how flexible you are and if you have a spare with you vs having to steal the other bulb (been there done that).

This works for 2008-2012 headlights specifically, but Kawasaki likes putting interchangeable parts in multiple bikes so this may works for others.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bUhZOJcyM9A

What is your method of changing the bulb on your bike? Let's see if we can get a collection of techniques.
OldMare

Re: Changing a headlight bulb

Postby OldMare » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:49 pm

Nice video! I like your idea of putting together info on how-to's. I haven't had to change mine yet, but now I'm curious how to. I'm going to have to look it up. So that could almost be a winter project - doing and videoing doing regular maintenance on the bike. On second thought, I can get them all lined up and then film then when it gets warmer again next spring so I don't have to have insulated gear and thick gloves on! :lol:

Return to “Wrenching”