Replaced the Tires: Front & Back

Have a DIY question or tip? Put it here.
CountryCruzr

Replaced the Tires: Front & Back

Postby CountryCruzr » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:42 pm

After doing a more thorough TCLOGS I discovered the tires on my bike were worn slightly past the wear bars. I indeed stayed with the OEM tires and ordered the Michelin Scorcher 11's. Dang tires aren't cheap! :o After calling the Harley shop and asking what the cost of tires and then mounting price would be, it became apparent I was going to order the tires online and get a lesson in wrenching. I ordered the tires last Friday late morning and the tires arrived the next day, early Saturday afternoon!!! How good is that.

Front tire replacement was fairly straight forward. Thankfully I didn't have to provide the muscle requires to loosen some of the bolts.

The back tire, well . . . there's the belt and then the brake caliphers, etc. Grrrrrr. It came off easy enough but putting back in place was a bit tricky. Should be easier the next time. ;)

Once put back to together, the difference in the ride and feel of the new tires has been incredible. I got a handy lesson not just changing the tires but the process of removal and remounting the tires to the rims. Tire balancing at the Honda shop 10 bucks. :lol: :lol:
Image Image
VStar

Re: Replaced the Tires: Front & Back

Postby VStar » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:28 am

We buy our bike tires on line, from American Moto Tire, great price, order today,here tomorrow, free shipping. The company is based in Arizona but our tires came from Pennsylvania, it must contracts with suppliers all over the country.
I've been there before. Can I get there, again?
CountryCruzr

Postby CountryCruzr » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:14 pm

The ones I ordered came from Revzilla. Apparently they shipped from Indiana. Thanks for sharing about American Moto Tire V.
Image Image
OldMare

Postby OldMare » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:31 pm

We usually order ours from Motorcycle Superstore. I had highway tires similar to yours, but my son bought me a meatier tread set for Christmas. We change all our tires here. A good set of spoons has made it easier, but not as easy as a machine would! Have a simple balancer to get the weights in the right spots.
VStar

Postby VStar » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:10 pm

My Hubby always uses Dyna beads inside his tires for balancing, quick, easy peasy, he'll never go back to weights, again. My tires have tubes, they have to be balanced with weights.
I've been there before. Can I get there, again?

Return to “Wrenching”