Sherpa engine seized!

Have a DIY question or tip? Put it here.
FastLizard4
Site Admin

Re: Sherpa engine seized!

Postby FastLizard4 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:07 pm

Nice to see that they're taking care of you. I really hope the dealer that sold you the bike owns up to it if it turns out to be their fault - but it definitely looks like they have some share of the blame, even if it's saying they changed the oil when they really didn't. I'm still trying to figure out how one even goes about putting an oil filter in backwards...,
FastLizard4 (website|twitter)
Forum staff / server administrator
2014 Ninja EX300B SE ABS ("Anna")
Semper exploro
Mamaw Suze

Postby Mamaw Suze » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:13 pm

My thought is they used the wrong filter. I went out and looked at the filter I intended to use when I changed the oil after that fateful ride. I can't see any way it could be done. It had to be the wrong filter. I didn't misunderstand what he said because he was on speaker phone and others were listening. I always like to have backup listeners on things like that. We'll see what happens during the next couple of days.
The journey is the destination
Mamaw Suze

Postby Mamaw Suze » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:16 pm

:D :D :D Happy dance going on here!!!!! Just talked to the dealer where I bought the bike and they're going to cover what Kawasaki doesn't!!! Now I can tell you their name. I bought the bike from Thornton in Versailles, IN. They were good to work with when I bought the bike and are standing behind their work!! I plan on riding Rocky down someday and thank them in person. I am sooooo relieved. Both dealers have been awesome. SPORTLAND for convincing Kawasaki to pony up and THORTONS for standing behind their work. I feel lucky. If I were a gambler I would go buy a lottery ticket but I'm not so I'll just spend some of it on farkles. Hmmmm what should I buy? :D :D :D
VStar

Postby VStar » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:55 am

Suze, did the dealer give you a time frame for repair? And good on Thornton for accepting responsibility and making it right. You have gone from bummer to win win.
I've been there before. Can I get there, again?
Mamaw Suze

Postby Mamaw Suze » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:59 am

A couple of weeks. Could be sooner depending on when they get the parts. I'm just glad it's getting fixed! I'll let you know when I get it back.
CountryCruzr

Postby CountryCruzr » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:09 pm

Thanks for sharing your wonderful news!! Lemons into lemonade! :!:
Image Image
Mamaw Suze

Postby Mamaw Suze » Thu May 12, 2016 2:13 am

Rocky's home!!!i thought I wrote to let you all know earlier but I somehow lost it in all my excitement so here I go again... She's home. Of course severe storms rolling through so I didn't get to ride her but I did start her and she fired right up and purred. Can't wait till tomorrow to ride.
Kawasaki cover around 2/3 and I paid the remaining $755.33 I called Thortons and he said he'd get the check right out today. He sent me a picture of the check and envelope which was funny because when we talked about it earlier I razzed him about saying he'll send it and then pulling the old checks in the mail routine. I really have enjoyed the guys at Thortons and hate that this all had to happen. I plan on riding down that way this summer to thank them in person for standing behind the bike. Since its a whole new top in I'll have to break it in but that's fine with me. Riding is riding. We're planning a trip to Colorado this summer with my brother, his family and a few friends and I want her well broke in before that!
Mamaw Suze

Postby Mamaw Suze » Thu May 12, 2016 2:19 am

Another tidbit... Thortons rounded up to $800.00 so I see $45 or so of farlking in my future. I'll have to think about this one. I'd really like a bigger gas tank but that's a lot more than $45. I'm sure I'll come up with something
VStar

Postby VStar » Fri May 13, 2016 12:03 pm

Rocky's back on the road, terrific. You should have thousands and thousands of extra miles added to his life now. I was trying to make the Rocky Road ice cream connection but it wasn't working.
I've been there before. Can I get there, again?
Mamaw Suze

Postby Mamaw Suze » Sat May 14, 2016 12:13 pm

Rode for the first time in ages yesterday. Felt good! Rocky runs fine. Can't wait for a good long ride

Return to “Wrenching”