Day Trips & Tracking Software with Apps

The place to talk about cruising.
CountryCruzr

Day Trips & Tracking Software with Apps

Postby CountryCruzr » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:02 pm

This past Saturday was a gorgeous day to ride! So took advantage of it by taking a mid afternoon to twilight ride winding through the northern section of Southeastern Ohio. It has been awhile since I used my tracking apps. On TWF I remember Rogue sharing a screen shot from the Rever app that caught my attention. I didn't use Rever this time, instead I used Spotwalla and SW Connect (iphone app). SW Connect saves your 'breadcrumbs' which you later upload. Rever https://rever.co/and Eat Sleep and Ride https://eatsleepride.com/ provide a track of your ride along with elevation and speed and lean angle. The picture was not taken while I was moving. :D Hopefully this entry can generate some discussion in this category.

Here was the route:

Image Image
VStar

Re: Day Trips & Tracking Software with Apps

Postby VStar » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:23 pm

CCruzr, we need to meet up next year, somewhere a little south of New Philly.
I've been there before. Can I get there, again?
CountryCruzr

Postby CountryCruzr » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:45 am

Sounds good to me VStar! Planning on doing more in State rides this coming riding season in 2017. Cambridge perhaps??
Image Image
VStar

Postby VStar » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:50 am

How about lunch at Salt Fork Lodge?
I've been there before. Can I get there, again?
Mamaw Suze

Postby Mamaw Suze » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:39 pm

Count me in. It's just the next state over. I'll bring my tent if someone will let me use their yard :D
The journey is the destination
trackaddict

Postby trackaddict » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:42 am

Oh that's cool!! We've taken trips to Italy and France and around Amsterdam, and really wanted to put up our winding trail. This would have been so cool. Does it kill your battery while it works??
CountryCruzr

Postby CountryCruzr » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:43 am

VStar wrote:How about lunch at Salt Fork Lodge?

Sorry for not seeing this until now. Not sure how I missed it VStar. Salt Fork would work out for me. When do you typically start your riding season? I know from past posts you like the warmer weather. (My riding season is getting planned out around business and other events going on this year, so I'm glad I finally saw your post!) It would be great to meet up with you and Mamaw Suze, There is also the Ladies Adventure Weekend in September 8-9 in Dover which is open to any woman motorcyclist, any brand bike and you have the option of driving if the weather isn't nice. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ladies-adventure-weekend-2017-tickets-30816015532?aff=erelexpmlt I'm sure there's camping around there too Mamaw Suze :P Stay warm!
Image Image
CountryCruzr

Postby CountryCruzr » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:47 am

trackaddict wrote:Oh that's cool!! We've taken trips to Italy and France and around Amsterdam, and really wanted to put up our winding trail. This would have been so cool. Does it kill your battery while it works??

It isn't as bad as running google maps for navigating but it will use it up. (I'm s-l-o-w-l-y getting caught up on here, as I'm way behind on this posting, sorry :oops: )
Image Image
CountryCruzr

Postby CountryCruzr » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:55 am

Mamaw Suze wrote:Count me in. It's just the next state over. I'll bring my tent if someone will let me use their yard :D

See my comments to VStar. I'll be going through Indiana and up into Illinois in mid July, via I-70 thru Indy and then I-74 are you anywhere nearby?
Image Image
Rogue
Site Admin

Postby Rogue » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:24 pm

CountryCruzr wrote:This past Saturday was a gorgeous day to ride! So took advantage of it by taking a mid afternoon to twilight ride winding through the northern section of Southeastern Ohio. It has been awhile since I used my tracking apps. On TWF I remember Rogue sharing a screen shot from the Rever app that caught my attention. I didn't use Rever this time, instead I used Spotwalla and SW Connect (iphone app). SW Connect saves your 'breadcrumbs' which you later upload. Rever https://rever.co/and Eat Sleep and Ride https://eatsleepride.com/ provide a track of your ride along with elevation and speed and lean angle. The picture was not taken while I was moving. :D Hopefully this entry can generate some discussion in this category.

I'm still using Rever and still loving it! I've never noticed a lean angle in it, how did you track that?
Rogue
Forum Staff
twitter | blog
2013 Non-ABS Ninja 300

Return to “Let's Cruise”