Dual-sport Riding in New England with NDR

Love to take it off-road? Tell us all about it here.
Dualsport Chic

Re: Dual-sport Riding in New England with NDR

Postby Dualsport Chic » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:39 am

The boots in the picture are TCX Sunrays - no longer made. Love them but they're wearing out sadly. Just picked up a new pair of BMW Gravel boots - still geting them worn in - hopefully they'll be more supple by Springtime.
Northeast Dualsport Riders

Carpe Diem
OldMare

Postby OldMare » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:23 pm

Looks like fun! Hope to do that this year. Looking at getting a bike to do the dual sport rides on around here. Right now, for riding out on our property, I use the old beat up DR200. How do you like the XT250? Was also thinking about a TW200 but like the looks of yours. My hubby and one son ride their KTMs, but all I've tried are way too tall for me. Son #2 has a G450X but that's way too tall and heavy!
Dualsport Chic

Postby Dualsport Chic » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:03 am

The XT250 is an awesome bike - that fits riders with shorter inseams. Just clocked 30,000 miles on it and it has not had one mechanical malfunction yet. More versitile than the TW200 as it will get up to 70 mph (per GPS) and can go up to 180 miles/tank of gas.

Carpe Diem
OldMare

Postby OldMare » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:14 pm

Dualsport Chic wrote:The XT250 is an awesome bike - that fits riders with shorter inseams. Just clocked 30,000 miles on it and it has not had one mechanical malfunction yet. More versitile than the TW200 as it will get up to 70 mph (per GPS) and can go up to 180 miles/tank of gas.

Thanks! I have heard the TW200 doesn't do as good getting to higher speeds. Would like a bike I can do the organized dual sport rides on this summer and the XT250 sounds like I'm going to have to check it out!
Dualsport Chic

Postby Dualsport Chic » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:53 pm

Here's the review I gave the XT250 if you haven't already seen it - goes over some of the great things about the bike:

https://youtu.be/22wlo7z9FTs

Carpe Diem

Return to “Dirt Riding”