SAND!!

Love to take it off-road? Tell us all about it here.
Mamaw Suze

SAND!!

Postby Mamaw Suze » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:52 pm

Had my first real sand ride today. :| I've hit really short sections of shallow sand before but today I rode "Sandridge Road". Very appropriately named! That was freaky scary. I was exhausted by the time I hitregular dirt. I kept repeating bars level, weight back, soft hands, stay on the gas, over and over again. I'm not sure I ever want to ride that road again but mentor neighbor good friend Don says I need to until I get comfortable with it. He's a slave driver! I keep thinking "Colorado in July " but I don't want to break any bones getting ready for it...
The journey is the destination
trackaddict

Re: SAND!!

Postby trackaddict » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:21 pm

I love sand! (On a dirtbike). What kind of bike were you on??? It would be less fun on a big, heavy bike I'd think. On a dirtbike, the sliding around is a hoot. [img]
dirtbike.jpg
[/img]
What are you doing in Colorado?? Dirt trails??
Attachments
dirtbike.jpg
Mamaw Suze

Postby Mamaw Suze » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:06 am

I'm riding Rocky my 2009 super Sherpa kl250. Small light weight very maneuverable. It was a LOT of sand!

The Colorado trip will be a little of every thing. We're headed to South Fork then wandering all around from there. We'll have at least 2 small dual sport bikes and a 4 wheeler to share. Husband plans on fishing and 4wheeling. My brother, a friend of his, Don (neighbor mentor good friend) and myself will share the bikes.

I plan on leaving ahead of everyone else and riding as far as I can then meeting up to ride (or trailer) my bike the rest of the way. I'll keep you posted about how goes h
trackaddict

Postby trackaddict » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:16 pm

That sounds amazing!! I know last week it was still snowing up in the mountains (crazy right?), but July is glorious. You're going to have a blast.
Rogue
Site Admin

Postby Rogue » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:28 am

We've hit snow around Vail in August. But, I agree with TA, you're going to have a great time.

Mammaw Suze, if you find yourself traversing the Des Moines area, I've got a room and garage space if you need it.
Rogue
Forum Staff
twitter | blog
2013 Non-ABS Ninja 300
Mamaw Suze

Postby Mamaw Suze » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:14 pm

Thanks Rogue but I'm planning on traveling south this trip. Maybe next time.
VStar

Postby VStar » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:26 am

Sand??!! Ugh S.A.N.D. sssshhhh sand. Sand? Where? Who picked sand? :x Why?
Thankfully Ohio roads don't have sand, I would have to stop riding.
I've been there before. Can I get there, again?

Return to “Dirt Riding”