New Chaps

Have a question or suggestion on gear? Then it goes here.
YamaLady

New Chaps

Postby YamaLady » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:07 am

I have wanted leather chaps to wear over my kevlar jeans. We finally vacationed to Virginia where the FoxCreek Leather place is located. My dream come true! What a special visit and the friendliness extended to us. Now if I can just have a nice day in the Adirondacks I would like so much to try them just once before our winter weather arrives...Will let everyone know my opinion later. Ride safe~YamaLady
CountryCruzr

Re: New Chaps

Postby CountryCruzr » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:06 am

Love my chaps, YamaLady and had the opportunity to wear them yesterday. Pretty neat you were able to visit FoxCreek! If you are in the Adirondacks did you get the recent snow? The weather here is fluctuating and favoring the cooler temps. Hope you get that nice day to try out the new chaps real soon! What kind of Kevlar jeans do you have??
Image Image
YamaLady

Postby YamaLady » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:09 am

Yes we do have snow!!Might have to wait til Spring to use my new chaps? Once we experience snow here the roads are salted I will not ride my bike. I have 3 pairs of the Slider Stella Womens jeans. they are very comfortable. In September I won my third pair through a monthly drawing. Never had I won anything so was very surprised. My first pair I wore once and since I had been dieting lost enough weight that I have dropped two sizes. the newest pair fits great! I also have the knee inserts as well.
CountryCruzr

Postby CountryCruzr » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:02 pm

I'm considering getting a pair of kevlar jeans. Right now I have the bulky outer riding mesh pants with armor.
Image Image
YamaLady

Postby YamaLady » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:31 pm

I like the Stella Sliders but beware the sizing runs large, maybe two sizes even. The fit for me is great and they are comfortable. Being a little older I like the classic fit, as well. Also I am not a tiny lady either. What brand chaps do you have? By the way, this next week our temperatures are going to be in high 60's +. I just might try my new chaps??? It would be difficult for me to wait until Spring, I think. Ride safe~YamaLady
trackaddict

Postby trackaddict » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:43 am

That's great that you have Kevlar under them. I love to hear that. Do you have hip and knee armor in them??
YamaLady

Postby YamaLady » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:01 am

Only the knee inserts....
YamaLady

Postby YamaLady » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:03 am

Well ladies our temperature today reached mid 50's! I tried my new chaps from FoxCreek Leather. They are awesome, as well as very comfortable. Not ever wearing chaps before I had to figure out how to start the zippers and then snap the lower part. Finally figured easiest way for me. I am so pleased with these chaps. Looking forward to Spring when my riding will begin again...Ride safe~YamaLady
VStar

Postby VStar » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:15 pm

We're in the 50's now in N.E. Ohio, tomorrow we'll ride in 55 degrees, my coldest yet. I have 2 pair if heavy gloves, one textile that I've used but they don't have much overlap on the sleeve and there is a little ccooold gap on the wrist. I scored a great deal ($24.00) on Wilson's Leather gloves a few weeks ago, soft leather, warm lining, zippered wrist and have a longer wrist on them, not a true gauntlet but should close the gap. I wear long johns under jeans and thick socks, so far it's been warm enough.
I've been there before. Can I get there, again?

Return to “All Things Gear Related”