Heated Vest

Have a question or suggestion on gear? Then it goes here.
CountryCruzr

Heated Vest

Postby CountryCruzr » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:40 pm

OMG I think I can ride through Winter with this heated vest!!! :D

Got a good deal on it in March of this year and used it for the first time this morning and will have it on this evening when I head for home. Takes the chill right off of your body. It is the plug-in kind which makes it always available and has heat controls. Being plugged in takes a little getting use to. :lol: There are battery ones with charge varying times. But for my needs this one will be sufficient and the price was right. The collar is even heated which is sooo nice. Anyone else out there using one of these? What is specially nice is the vest is compression fit and keeps the heat close to you while your outer jacket blocks the wind. There is very little bulk. I was a bit skeptical when I made the purchase but I am pleased I did!
Image Image
Mamaw Suze

Re: Heated Vest

Postby Mamaw Suze » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:01 pm

What brand?
The journey is the destination
CountryCruzr

Postby CountryCruzr » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:13 pm

It is made by Oxford. Here's a link to the UK site. http://www.oxford-shop.co.uk/item3557.htm
Image Image
VStar

Postby VStar » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:30 pm

Looks well designed. I'll do long johns and layers, colder than that, I'm couching it. I'm not hard core. Keep toasty.
I've been there before. Can I get there, again?
CountryCruzr

Postby CountryCruzr » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:55 am

I like the cooler crisp air of Autumn and Spring to ride in. The heated vest is okay but I managed to short out the wire when it loosened up and meet my exhaust pipe this past Monday on a late afternoon ride. I think I can repair the wire and definitely make it shorter in length. Battery powered might be a better option and less of a hassle. I really like staying warm without all the bulk.
Image Image

Return to “All Things Gear Related”