REGISTER your helmet!

Have a question or suggestion on gear? Then it goes here.
LionLady

REGISTER your helmet!

Postby LionLady » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:13 am

Just saying. I often forget to send in the manufacturer's registration card for small appliances, etc. But I always (eventually) send in the card for my helmet. It pays off.

Schuberth is sending me a new ($729 retail price) helmet to replace the one I crashed in, for $260. I had to send them the crashed in helmet, along with the incident report and copy of my license (to prove I hold a valid M permit).

The store where I bought the helmet - Bob's BMW - had already forwarded proof of purchase to Schuberth on my behalf. Yet another reason to use a brick and mortar shop for helmet purchase. Most up to date MC shops have a database of customers and can look up details of previous purchases.

As I recall, many other helmet companies will do the same, or similar - for the sake of examining the crashed helmet for safety research and future improvements.

My new helmet should be here tomorrow! Can't wait to be able to ride again!!
Mamaw Suze

Re: REGISTER your helmet!

Postby Mamaw Suze » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:17 am

Wow I would have never thought of that. It makes sense when I think about it though. First hand accounts of the accident and having the helmet to examine. Better than a lab in many ways.
I'm glad you'll be back on the road soon!!!
The journey is the destination
trackaddict

Postby trackaddict » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:19 am

Whoa! Never thought of that. Will do! With the track, knock on wood... but not a bad thing to know.
LionLady

Postby LionLady » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:36 pm

New helmet arrived today! W00t!! Now to add reflective flowers.

on another note, I spoke to one of the EMT's who cared for me at the scene, the week after I got home - he gave his number to my friend - he wanted to know how I fared. They were able to get my jacket off without cutting it, he actually apologized for having to cut my boot to get it off. He was very grateful that I was wearing good gear (my injuries would have been MUCH uglier), and that full face helmet.

Return to “All Things Gear Related”