Bluetooth helmet communicators

Have a question or suggestion on gear? Then it goes here.
CountryCruzr

Re: Bluetooth helmet communicators

Postby CountryCruzr » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:24 pm

Jeez! Thanks BlueLghtning for the thorough review of the Sena and Cardio BT communicators. I have been leaning toward the Sena 20S and your review put me over the top. I've got an older intercom type unit that works for me. Everyone I currently ride with is old school so they aren't wired into having a communicator. I like the feature of being able to BT into a group of riders. Thanks for taking the time to post your help info!
Image Image
trackaddict

Re: Bluetooth helmet communicators

Postby trackaddict » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:41 pm

I started with a Scala, but they crapped out pretty quickly. We then moved to the Sena models and have loved them. I have three different versions on three different helmets. I just got the 20s for the street. I haven't used it yet except to play music, but it worked awesome for that. I have it set up with speakers in the ear holes now, but it just doesn't get loud enough so I am going to switch back to earbuds. An important feature to me is to have a control knob rather than little buttons to adjust volume etc. It's just easier when riding. I have the SMH10R on my track helmet, as I only use it for bluetoothing music from my smart watch, not for talking or phone. What I like for track is that it is very small and flat, but that means it's super hard to use the controls through thick gloves. I'd hate it for street. I have the speakers in the ears on this also, and can't hear much when I'm at top speeds, but that's ok since I don't like too much distraction on track. And the SMH10 on my other street helmet. This one has the biggest control knob and I've loved it, but it doesn't control ambient noise as well as the 20S, and it doesn't have nearly as many features (which I haven't used yet...).

Return to “All Things Gear Related”