What boots do you wear and what do you like about them and what would you add or change to make them perfect

Have a question or suggestion on gear? Then it goes here.
Mamaw Suze

What boots do you wear and what do you like about them and what would you add or change to make them perfect

Postby Mamaw Suze » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:23 pm

For those of us in cold winter climates riding time is drawing near and new gear is calling. I really, really want a new pair of boots!! I've been reading reviews on boots but would like to hear the opinions from my LOTW friends so lay it on me. All the good,the bad and the ugly. Personally I have no problem with ugly but I want to hear it all
The journey is the destination
Rogue
Site Admin

Re: What boots do you wear and what do you like about them and what would you add or change to make them perfect

Postby Rogue » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:02 pm

My cool/wet weather boots are Dainese Sirens. They changed the name of them a bit ago, and they're now called the Svelta GoreTex. I love them. They aren't too terribly hot in the summer (though they are not exactly cool), and they're great on wet or cooler ride. I've worn them through water crossings and my feet have stayed warm and dry. As an added bonus, they offer a tiny bit of a height boost.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/dain ... -tex-boots

If you can afford them, though, I'd invest in a pair of Daytona Ladystars. Those are the cadillac of touring boots.
Rogue
Forum Staff
twitter | blog
2013 Non-ABS Ninja 300
Dualsport Chic

Re: What boots do you wear and what do you like about them and what would you add or change to make them perfect

Postby Dualsport Chic » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:28 am

I recontly went with a pair of BMW Gravel boots - a great ADV style boot - a bit higher on the leg than standard road boots with a bit more protection. Sadly it is taking quite a while for these puppies to wear in and they're stiff as all heck.

My old pair - TCX Sunrays (which they sadly no longer make) is currently at the cobbler getting new zippers and new soles. The repairs will cost as much as I paid for the boots new but I love the fit of these boots so much, I was willing to invest the $$ to get them repaired.

I do have a pair of Daytona Ladystars that a friend gave me but have not worn them as much as they aren't as comfortable to walk in when I get off the bike etc.
Northeast Dualsport Riders

Carpe Diem
Dualsport Chic

Postby Dualsport Chic » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:29 pm

I just got my TCX Sunray boots back from the cobbler - new Vibram soles and new zippers. I almost didn't recognize them when they were ready for pickup - they looked BRAND NEW. The repairs cost as much as I paid for the boots new (on sale) but I can now expect another 5 years out of them. Sooo pleased. So if you love your current boots but they're in need of some serious TLC - give a cobbler a try. If they can bring mine back to life after 4 years of hard off-road work (sole coming off, scuffed up, and both zippers broken), I'm sure they can refurbish most any boot!
Northeast Dualsport Riders

Carpe Diem
VStar

Postby VStar » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:58 pm

I've got clunky Harley's, the sole will outlast me. I'm planning on new boots next year so this thread needs to get built up with a lot of data, Ladies, please.
I've been there before. Can I get there, again?
CountryCruzr

Postby CountryCruzr » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:21 am

I got a pair of Daytona Lady Star GTX Boots last season. Pricey but worth the money. I needed a boot that would give me more reach which these boots do. Plus I wanted to feel more secure around my ankles and shins. Took a few rides to break them in but now feel like part of me when on. All leather with gore-tex the boots breathe well and don't make my feet hot. I can wear pants over or inside them. There are lots of reviews on line. I'll have these for a long while and am pleased with my decision to use the piggy bank to get them.
Image Image
mspgirl

Postby mspgirl » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:40 pm

I just purchased a pair of FORMA adventure boots and love them. There was no break in period and they comfortable and light. I put them to the waterproof test this past Sunday and my feet stayed dry and warm. I have never had another pair of duel sport boot so I can't say how they compare to others but those that we ride with only wear FORMA.
Attachments
IMAG1031.jpg

Return to “All Things Gear Related”