Favorite dual sport boot

Have a question or suggestion on gear? Then it goes here.
Mamaw Suze

Favorite dual sport boot

Postby Mamaw Suze » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:43 pm

Ok last year I switched to my first dual sport "Dusty" and had a blast! Also got a new Shoei helmet and a few other goodies. Now I have a Super Sherpa (yet to be named) and I want new boots! Actually I need new boots. I'm hoping to find some that are fairly comfortable for short walks. Any recommendations?
The journey is the destination
Scooterpie

Re: Favorite dual sport boot

Postby Scooterpie » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:56 am

Wish I coukd help, but most of my riding is street. A friend has the Elsinor boots and she likes them, she said they were very stiff to break in.
4 wheels move the body, but 2 wheels move the soul!
My bike: Honda 2012 NC700S 'The Duchess'
Mamaw Suze

Postby Mamaw Suze » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:51 pm

I've looked at those but have not had a chance to try a pair on. I have tried on the gaerne boots and they feel good walking around the store. I'll keep researching. I wish someone on here could share any experience with them. I have a little time to decide...I don't think I'll be riding anytime real soon. Sherpa needs a new back tire before we go anywhere
The journey is the destination
woodlandsprite

Postby woodlandsprite » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:01 pm

I am still breaking in/getting used to my Elsinores.
They are taller in the toe and significantly stiffer than my old boots - I only manage to ride on weekends, (as I am still a low mile rider - 500mi the whole of last yr (got my bike in June or something like that) and I', still skittish of the freeway...

Anyhow, I think I have my shifter adjusted right now for the Elsinores, though I need to make sure to be deliberate with the shifting - I was having problems feeling what was going on and kept popping the bike into neutral when trying to go from 1st to 2nd and I've determined that was due to the new boots since I went on a ride with the old and haven't had similar issues.

My only other issue is that even tho the toebox is taller, the boot actually has less heigt in the sole under the ball of the foot than my old boots - which makes it harder for me to reach the ground - which is still very nerve wracking.
Still Learning...

2015 CSC/Zongshen RX3

Return to “All Things Gear Related”