upcoming milestones

New to riding and have a question? This is the place to ask it.
woodlandsprite

upcoming milestones

Postby woodlandsprite » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:51 pm

I'm super nervous and also excited all at the same time....while also hoping to heck I'm not coming down with an early season cold :P because if I am, I'm going to have to cancel my plans for this weekend.

Tomorrow I'm registered for a confident ridercourse - I will have to take the freeway to get out there or basically double the commute time...That will be my longest stretch on the freeway, though it's the best time to do it - early on a Sunday morning. The Early part has me slightly concerned as the class starts at Sunrise....which means I will be riding in the dark. Another milestone.

After the class, I should finally have logged 500 miles on my bike, which will mean it will be time to check my valve gaps! Slightly anxious over taking the bike apart to do this, but I have a tutorial and several form posts with good tips printed out to keep at the ready. That's the mixed blessing with my bike - I have to learn how to service it myself, but with that comes confidence and perhaps a higher level of familiarity with the bike and its workings :)
Still Learning...

2015 CSC/Zongshen RX3
Scooterpie

Re: upcoming milestones

Postby Scooterpie » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:58 pm

Good luck! You will do great!
4 wheels move the body, but 2 wheels move the soul!
My bike: Honda 2012 NC700S 'The Duchess'
woodlandsprite

Postby woodlandsprite » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:41 pm

So disappointed. My bike failed to start this morning even though it lives on a battery tender. Was all geared up and ready to go with no ride. Looks like I have to see if they will allow me to reschedule my class and hopefully without losing my entire registration fee. I'm still kinda sniffly so I'm not sure if I'm still fighting something off.

I'm going to go back outside and see if I can measure what voltage the battery is reading. I wonder if I have a bad cell :(
Still Learning...

2015 CSC/Zongshen RX3
CountryCruzr

Postby CountryCruzr » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:53 am

Sorry to hear of your disappointment woodland sprite. Take care of yourself sounds like you might be getting under the weather. Your goals and milestones will get reached in their time, hang in there! Happy wrenching!
Image Image
woodlandsprite

Postby woodlandsprite » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:42 pm

Yeah, too much work and not enough downtime will sap a person's immune system.
It was probably a blessing in disguise - I'm currently rescheduled for valentine's day - I could have rescheduled for January, but sunrise is so late! February sunrise time is still after the class starts, so I'm going to have to ride in the dark for that class too. I can probably push it out to March if I decide I really want to limit my time riding in the dark!
Still Learning...

2015 CSC/Zongshen RX3
CountryCruzr

Postby CountryCruzr » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:02 am

Cool you were able to re-schedule! ;)
Image Image
woodlandsprite

Postby woodlandsprite » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:23 am

I've had my M endorsement for one year. According to my bike, I've ridden around 600 miles in the last year....and I've learned how to do an oil change and a valve adjustment. That's a whole lot of improvement from only having ever ridden as a passenger before getting that endorsement! And the last time I was a passenger on a bike was when I was in college...

I've been on the freeway a grand toatl of 3 times, but I'm slowly working my way up to trying to do it a bit more often.

My rescheduled confident rider course is coming up in a couple weeks. I'm looking forward to it and becoming even more comfortable on my bike.
Still Learning...

2015 CSC/Zongshen RX3
Mamaw Suze

Postby Mamaw Suze » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:39 pm

I'm glad you could reschedule and hope you don't get sick! I dont enjoy the interstates. I've ridden them but they exhaust me. So many vehicles on them nowadays. I prefer the 2lane highways or back roads. I know you can make good time on them but still not my choice.
So exciting about the class. I've taken different ones over the years and always have a good time and learn new things and refresh old things. Have fun and ride safe!
The journey is the destination
woodlandsprite

Postby woodlandsprite » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:25 pm

I really do not like the freeways - but out here, it is pretty much required to ride on freeways if I want to cover any significant distance.

A commute to work via the freeway is about 20 min. Via surface streets its about double that.

*sigh*
Still Learning...

2015 CSC/Zongshen RX3
Mamaw Suze

Postby Mamaw Suze » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:31 am

Another good reason for living in the country!
The journey is the destination

Return to “The Learning Curve”