how do you carry your spare visor?

New to riding and have a question? This is the place to ask it.
woodlandsprite

how do you carry your spare visor?

Postby woodlandsprite » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:15 am

I've got an upcoming confident ridercourse coming up, but the sun rises at about the time that the class starts, which means I'm going to be on the road in the dark (eep)
I've gone and swapped out my visor to my clear/untinted one in preparation (and took the opportunity to wash the bug guts off my preferred tinted visor) - The ride home will be mid day/early afternoon - so I'd really rather have my tinted visor than the untinted one...but I'm not sure of the best way to go packing a spare visor - I'm worried it's going to get all scratched up... (my visor has a mirror finish).

Still Learning...

2015 CSC/Zongshen RX3
FastLizard4
Site Admin

Re: how do you carry your spare visor?

Postby FastLizard4 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:32 pm

Though I haven't had to use it since I only have one visor, my tank bag came with a visor pouch that's essentially a padded, flexible pouch with a very soft (presumably anti-scratch) lining on the inside. It fits my visor pretty well, and I'd certainly trust it more than just letting the visor float around in my bag or something. Probably a pretty good solution, if you're willing to go with buying a product as a solution.

Some quick Googling found this visor pouch on RevZilla, which seems similar to the one I have and is highly-reviewed.
FastLizard4 (website|twitter)
Forum staff / server administrator
2014 Ninja EX300B SE ABS ("Anna")
Semper exploro
woodlandsprite

Postby woodlandsprite » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:26 pm

Thanks Fastlizard! I usually just ride during the daytime, and since I haven't ranged far from home, my solution has been to just go home if I don't like the weather, the way the wind is blowing or if it looks like it's getting dark out ;)

Looks like I need a visor tote to throw in my topcase at a minimum. Will just have to deal with the sunshine on my ride home from class this weekend :)
Still Learning...

2015 CSC/Zongshen RX3
Rogue
Site Admin

Postby Rogue » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:17 pm

We're kinda low-tech with how we transport a spare visor... we use an old tube sock. They seem to stretch for miles, and they're a nice soft, scratch-free cotton. I pull it over my visor, then tuck the visor in my tank bag.
Rogue
Forum Staff
twitter | blog
2013 Non-ABS Ninja 300
woodlandsprite

Postby woodlandsprite » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:56 pm

oh great idea, Rogue! We don't have any tube socks :P also socks around these parts, unless they are new, tend to get sand loaded - ah, the desert! ;)
Still Learning...

2015 CSC/Zongshen RX3

Return to “The Learning Curve”