Flip flops - NEVER

Everyone makes mistakes, but it's important to learn from them - this forum is for stories of things that went wrong, and what you learned from the experience
trackaddict

Flip flops - NEVER

Postby trackaddict » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:09 am

Ok, so NO I did not wear flip flops ON the bike. But I did break one of my HUGE rules about wearing flip flops AROUND the bikes and to load the bikes in the trailer. Welp... you already know where this story is going.

It was HOT, and we needed to get the bikes in the trailer fast after our track day. So, instead of changing out of my track gear, I just took off the boots and suit, and started loading in my track slippers. Got one bike loaded and was stepping over the straps to get more stuff to load, when the strap caught between my foot and the bottom of the slipper and BAM. Head over heels, arms flailing, and I landed on the very sharp race footpeg of an Aprilia race bike. Oh. My. GOSH. Does this hurt!!!!!! It is like having a footpeg sized bleeding road rash with a giant purple bruise around it. It is so gross.

Lesson: Never wear non-stable shoes around bikes, and stay away from Aprilia footpegs. :(
VStar

Re: Flip flops - NEVER

Postby VStar » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:25 am

I'm sending you healing fairy dust, even though I have no fairy. How did the Aprilla peg fare? Was it you Aprilla?
I've been there before. Can I get there, again?
trackaddict

Postby trackaddict » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:37 am

Oh, it is an attempted murderer! Unfazed, but I think it was chuckling.
In the meantime, I'm just hoping it scabs up sooner than later. This is GROSS!
Rogue
Site Admin

Postby Rogue » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:05 pm

Here's some fairy dust!

As weird as it sounds, rub some lavender oil on it. It's a natural antiseptic and speeds the healing process. But, you have to use therapeutic grade oil (i.e., not the just for smell stuff). I get the Young Living stuff through Amazon. I'm the queen of awkward and am always sporting way too many bruises to count.
Rogue
Forum Staff
twitter | blog
2013 Non-ABS Ninja 300
OldMare

Postby OldMare » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:15 pm

Hope it feels better! I learned at a young age with horses that I don't wear flip flops much of anywhere! I'm usually in steel toed boots around our place! :lol:
trackaddict

Postby trackaddict » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:06 pm

Rogue wrote:Here's some fairy dust!

As weird as it sounds, rub some lavender oil on it. It's a natural antiseptic and speeds the healing process. But, you have to use therapeutic grade oil (i.e., not the just for smell stuff). I get the Young Living stuff through Amazon. I'm the queen of awkward and am always sporting way too many bruises to count.

I started using Charlotte's Web salve (CBD extracted from pot) on it, and had such a huge improvement!! I couldn't even sit in a chair before, but am doing much better. I haven't made it to Whole Foods yet to get the lavender, but figure I can't go wrong with two options for my clumsiness. This won't be the last time I hurt myself. Ugh!

Return to “What went wrong, and what I learned from it”