Welcome OldMare

Say hello to new members of the forum!
Rogue
Site Admin

Welcome OldMare

Postby Rogue » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:00 pm

Welcome OldMare to Ladies on Two Wheels! We hope you'll enjoy your stay.
Rogue
Forum Staff
twitter | blog
2013 Non-ABS Ninja 300
OldMare

Re: Welcome OldMare

Postby OldMare » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:41 pm

I couldn't for the life of me remember what my username was before, so since I've been nicknamed Mare since a little kid, I made up a new one! Thanks for getting this started again! I've missed an actual forum.

My intro is my hubby had a Harley back when we dated. He sold it for new house downpayment and we were bike-less until our 3 kids got into high school. He got a DR200 on a whim to get going again then and the kids all learned on it. Everyone moved up to bigger bikes and I didn't want to be left out so started learning. Was very uneasy with it and was riding with them everywhere (on road and off) but got nervous about taking the driving test for my license. By this time I was riding a BMW G650 XCountry that my son had had and moved on to a 650XChallenge. It was nice and light and lower. Long story short but real life got in the way so I signed up for a MSF course that if I passed would allow me to get my license. I did learn a lot from that course! I got my license one week after my 56th birthday and started commuting to work. The daily 20 mile drive really helped me gain experience and miles. After 2500 miles on it, my hubby lowered the forks on his F800GS and finally got me to try it. It just seemed like so much bike, but after seeing how nice it was on the highway, I started searching for my own! In August I got mine. It was a bit tall for me and I had to tiptoe it, so was able to find a spring lowering kit to lower it 2". Was able then to put my forks back up where they should be and use a Sargeant seat instead of the lowered one. I've been riding it every since and hope to continue some more here!
FastLizard4
Site Admin

Postby FastLizard4 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:46 pm

Welcome aboard! It's great to see users from TWF again!
FastLizard4 (website|twitter)
Forum staff / server administrator
2014 Ninja EX300B SE ABS ("Anna")
Semper exploro
Scooterpie

Postby Scooterpie » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:39 pm

Hi old mare!
4 wheels move the body, but 2 wheels move the soul!
My bike: Honda 2012 NC700S 'The Duchess'
VStar

Postby VStar » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:37 am

Hi OldMare, glad to see us coming back.
I've been there before. Can I get there, again?

Return to “New Members Welcome”