Holiday Wish List

NevadaWolf

Holiday Wish List

Postby NevadaWolf » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:17 pm

Ok, let's have some fun.

Let's pretend this holiday season, you are gifted a high value gift card to use as you see fit. Beyond the smart thing of "pay off debts", "cash it in and out it in savings/investments", or other such adult answers, what would you do with the money? Think big, let's imagine out of the box!

Then, if you want, share what you really would like for the holidays.

For fun, I would totally use it to get me a CB500X, outfit it with the Rally Raid off road kit, and go on a year long tour of North and South America. Probably end up camping for most of the week and hoteling it over the weekends. If I had no schedule, I would pick a town each day and do whatever was going on there that day, like a tour, or festival, or contest, or whatever. Really try working on making a friend everywhere. I'd also look for the fun back roads, those goat trails that not many know about and fewer use. I'd also find all the silly "On This Spot" type markers, center of the States, center of the continent, origin of a historic road or trail. Yeah.

For reals, looking forward to Yule dinner with my mom, my last IBA ride this year, and taking a week off to hang out with my Dad and build way to much in Minecraft. Stuff wise, pretty much have everything I need, though now looking at a floor jack and wheel balancer from Harbor Freight. Really dreaming of the bead breaker/tire iron tool from Motion Pro.
Rogue
Site Admin

Re: Holiday Wish List

Postby Rogue » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:33 pm

I would buy that sexy new GSX-R600 I've been drooling over for months. Take a month or 2 off to go ride it someplace warm, and put the rest of the funds towards finishing out the fun space in the basement.

In reality, I'll be working the entire time and avoiding as much of the holiday hoopla as possible.
Rogue
Forum Staff
twitter | blog
2013 Non-ABS Ninja 300
Dualsport Chic

Postby Dualsport Chic » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:44 pm

Fun Game!

Ok, here goes - first stop, the BMW shop to get a shiny new R1200R with every farkle imaginable on it - then I'd tool around the country hitting all the National Parks and landmarks, as well as visit all my friends and family scattered about the Country. Once done there, I'd get another XT250 (Fuel Injected Version) and outfit it for overland travel and ride down to Peru - and visit one of my bucket list destinations - Machu Picchu.

Back to reality, what I would like most for this holiday is the health and happiness of those I love - and the gift of spending precious time with them. Nothing material really can compare to those gifts.
Northeast Dualsport Riders

Carpe Diem
VStar

Postby VStar » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:17 am

Ok, you're talking a serious sized gift card. No new bike but would add a few extra comfortable doodads, to the current ride, progressive fork springs, new grips and floorboards, Corbin seat, luggage rack and Kuryakyn luggage. Hubby would get to freshen up the Road King. Then get a good, used (pre 2010) Ford Explorer and a 2 bike covered trailer and spend the winter months riding in much warmer places. Maybe doing a Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives themed tour.

But, I'll be here, cooking and eating with family on the Eve and including Mom on our traditional Chinese restaurant Xmas Day dinner.
I've been there before. Can I get there, again?

Return to “General off-topic discussion”