Random Acts of Kindness

Rogue
Site Admin

Random Acts of Kindness

Postby Rogue » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:21 pm

I'm restarting this thread so that we can share our acts and inspire each other to be kind to our fellow humans.

Now, tell me about your latest random act of kindness!
Rogue
Forum Staff
twitter | blog
2013 Non-ABS Ninja 300
VStar

Re: Random Acts of Kindness

Postby VStar » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:35 am

When I'm getting my coffee at Sheetz on the weekends, I always pay for a Police Officer's coffee, if one is in the store. I don't even know if he/she is getting coffee, I just tell the clerk to ring it up. Did it Sunday.
I've been there before. Can I get there, again?
Vixen
Track Ho

Postby Vixen » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:33 pm

I always give money to people on the street whenever I see them. 90% of street people are special needs with no where to go. Being the mother of a special needs child I am absolutely compelled to help whenever I can
Vickie
BMW S1KR - Street (aka Husband) -- BMW S1KRR - Track (aka Boy Toy :evil: ) -- YAMAHA R3 - Track (aka Rug Rat)
woodlandsprite

Postby woodlandsprite » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:26 pm

We have a lot of homeless folks that stand at intersections and off ramps near the freeway - I bought an extra burrito the last time I was at Chipotle and gave it to one of them.
Still Learning...

2015 CSC/Zongshen RX3
Scooterpie

Postby Scooterpie » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:08 am

Its clear and cold here right now and being close to the ocean the dampness rolls into your bones. There was a fellow standing with a huge backpack with a sign that sad "i'm really hungry can you help?"

I rifled through my purse for change and found $2. When i gave it to him he was so grateful and asked me if I knew if was going to rain tonight, I told him eas going to be clear and cold. He said he was freezing and hungry. I asked when he ate last, he said yesterday morning. I know its hard to stay warm when your body is out of fuel. So I drove down the block to the local Subway and bought a sandwich & bowl of hot soup, and drove back to where he was. I handed him the food and told him there was a sandwich with hot soup. He almost cried, he profusely thanked me and wished me a happy New Year. I hope he finds a warm place to sleep tonight and finds food tomorrow. That is my prayer tonight for him and all who wander the streets with no place to go and no food to eat.
4 wheels move the body, but 2 wheels move the soul!
My bike: Honda 2012 NC700S 'The Duchess'
NevadaWolf

Postby NevadaWolf » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:38 pm

I see the point of this thread, but feels weird to me so I'm going to flip mine around and share a random act that I received,

Last summer I was on my roadtrip around the West and was riding through Vegas in late June. Unthinking, I had arrived at 4pm on a Wednesday and was riding (more duck walking) along Charleston Blvd at the height of rush hour. Due to several bad choices along the way I was rapidly overheating in the 100+ heat, facing the sun, and my water was out of reach behind me. Luckily (I guess?) I could see my reflection in my visor, so as I watched my beet red, sweaty face suddenly go dry I knew immediately I was in danger and found shade as quickly as possible.

I pulled up beside a gas station and tucked into the shady corner behind the building. Also sitting there was a homeless gal rambling to herself. She watched as I stumbled off the bike, shed all my gear, and then began sucking down water from my bladder on the back. She thought it was an oxygen tank (hey, that's an idea!) but I managed to tell her it was water and I was overheated.

She immediately got up and ran inside then came out with a huge 2 litre bottle of generic 7-up and pushed it into my hands, commanding me "Drink!" For the next hour or so, she kept watch over me, making sure I kept drinking the 7-up, talking to me, asking me questions and listening to my answers. She pulled out a huge medical text book (said she was a nurse in training) and had me read the heat-related illness section. She also told me about her life, what she had managed to save up for dinner that night (nice looking veggie stew), and introduced me to a friend of hers that came by.

She did tell me her name, but my memory is terrible at names. I will however remember her help and kindness when I got myself in trouble that afternoon. I am thankful she was there when I needed someone. :)
VStar

Postby VStar » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:00 pm

We shop at Pet Supplies Plus and there are donation bins in front by the checkouts, I always buy something for the one that has the fewest or no donations.
I've been there before. Can I get there, again?

Return to “General off-topic discussion”