Our Pet Parade

VStar

Our Pet Parade

Postby VStar » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:09 am

Here's my crew - 20 feet and 5 tails.

Kiska, the biggest girl..jpg
Kiska

A Samoyed, our biggest and oldest, at 10 years. She is the sweetest girl.

Noisy Cricket.jpg
Cricket

Our Cocker Spaniel, a little clown who bosses the big ones.

Harley Blue in the Range bag.jpg
Harley Blue

She was found on our Veterinarian's doorstep, less than 3 weeks old, hand raised.

Bad Motor Scooter.jpg
Bad Motor Scooter

She has the cutest round spot on her chin.

Lana.jpg
Lana

She is a 2 year old owner surrender rescue. She's a good girl, they did right by her. She's here to stay.

Kiska and Lana.jpg
Kiska and Lana

Lana (on the right), she never had a fenced yard to run free in and fell in love with Kiska at first sight.
I've been there before. Can I get there, again?
OldMare

Re: Our Pet Parade

Postby OldMare » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:12 pm

Our newest puppy when she was a puppy last year - Skye - a blue heeler, in a normal heeler sleeping position:

She is grown now and here she is playing with Dewey, a red heeler. Heelers like to be rough when they play!

Crabman - a standard rat terrier, found as a wee little puppy under an interstate overpass by our daughter wrapped in a towel.

I have 13 chickens right now and here are 3 of the Easter Egger hens one morning in the coop before I opened their door, trying to get as much warmth and sun as possible I guess!

We have horses too and here they are in pasture last fall. The things around them are cowbirds that were hanging around them in a huge flock for some reason!

And lastly PeaHen. She just showed up about 3 years ago. Just hangs around the chickens. Not friendly. Takes care of herself!

VStar

Postby VStar » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:46 am

Is a pea hen the same as a Guinea Fowl? The have a very distinctive sound. Like your menagerie.
OldMare

Postby OldMare » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:07 pm

VStar wrote:Is a pea hen the same as a Guinea Fowl? The have a very distinctive sound. Like your menagerie.

She is a female pea fowl - the male is the Pea Cock! She is very noisy when she wants to be. She lays eggs every summer and sets on them but no male around so nothing ever becomes of it. I feel sorry for her then. Would like to catch her and give her to someone with a male!
Mamaw Suze

Postby Mamaw Suze » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:16 am

Loved our pea fowl. They are noisy and messy if they run free but hey it's part of country living. We had the male just fly in then someone gave us a couple of hens. Before we got the peahens he fell I love with our hen chickens. Was a riot to watch his courtship and their reactions. Our peahens laid and hatched so we had babies. They would hop on moms back and hang on while she ran. We had them several years and it was never a dull moment.
The journey is the destination
VStar

Postby VStar » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:17 am

Peacocks, of course. Now that I look at her closely, yes, pea hen.

Return to “General off-topic discussion”